What a super day at Cheltenham on Friday and what a great day for the blog. I’m not really one to blow my own trumpet but if you can’t play a fanfare after a few winners, when can you? 😀
- Boom! Swing Bill (Mr T Bellamy, 9-1 )
- Boom! Tanks For That (B J Geraghty, 13-2)
- Boom! Uncle Junior (Mr P W Mullins, 9-2)
- Woosh! Prospect Wells (D Jacob, 9-2 ) e/w
- Whizz! Semi Colon (Mr Jeremiah Mcgrath, 5-1 jf ) e/w
- Wham! Champion Court (P J Brennan, 13-2 ) e/w
Saturday’s Mackeson Gold Cup day has always been one of my favourite race days on the calender ever since MULTUM IN PARVO won on 1990. As a mature looking 17-yr-old sixth former I was a regular already in the bookies in those days and naturally I backed it -as you know I always back MUL’s. I distinctly remember winning my very own sweepstake on the race too-the sixth form tutors (also sweep entrants) and other six formers thought it was slightly fishy but the draw was done in front of witnesses 😀
Today’s fancies are at Cheltenham:
1.20 Chelt- Hinterland (win) & small e/w Bradbury.
1.55 Chelt- Fair Along & West End Rocker (e/w).
2.35 Chelt- Fine Parchment, Araldur & Swincombe Rock (e/w).
3.10 Chelt- Cantlow & Stow (e/w).
3.40 Chelt- St Killians Run & Numen (e/w).
4.10 Chelt- Viking Blond (e/w).
Anyone fancy a can of Mackey’s? 😉