Just the one winner for the blog last night on the beach at Laytown when Saratoga Baby (Miss J M Mangan, 11/4 joint-fav) won by an impressive 2¾ lengths. @PollyRogers on twitter was particularly happy with the result as she had visited Saratoga racetrack the day before and I emailed her to back it.
135 entries were revealed today for the Melbourne Cup on the 5th November. Do you have an ante-post fancy at this stage?
Melbourne Cup winners and jockeys
- 2012: Green Moon (Brett Prebble)
- 2011: Dunaden (Christophe Lemaire)
- 2010 : Americain (Gerald Mosse)
- 2009: Shocking (Corey Brown)
- 2008: Viewed (Blake Shinn)
- 2007: Efficient (Michael Rodd)
- 2006: Delta Blues (Yasunari Iwata)
I think I might have a couple of bob eachway on DANDINO @ 25/1 myself.
Today’s Southwell fancies:
2.10 South- Points Of View (e/w).
2.40 South- According To Trev (win).
3.10 South- Hi Tide (e/w).
3.40 South- Experimentalist (win).
4.10 South- Vinnie The Fish (e/w).
4.40 South- Compton Blue (win).
5.10 South- Tara Muck & Ruaraidh Hugh (e/w).